Applied Materials AI(x) Platform Harnesses the Power of Big Data and AI to Accelerate Semiconductor Technology Breakthroughs from Lab to Fab
AIx, which stands for Actionable Insight Accelerator, enables engineers to see into semiconductor processes in real-time, take millions of measurements across wafers and individual chips, and optimize thousands of process variables to improve semiconductor performance, power, area-cost and time to market (PPACt). The AIx platform works across all
“Accelerating the ‘t’ in PPACt is the biggest value driver for all the companies in our ecosystem,” said
“AIx uses the power of big data and AI to give customers better outcomes at every stage of the semiconductor technology lifecycle, from R&D to ramp and HVM,” said
The AIx platform includes:
- ChamberAITM: New sensors and machine learning algorithms for
Applied Materialsprocess chambers that provide engineers with real-time analytics of variables including chemistry, energy, pressure, temperature and duration.
- On-board metrology: Unique in-vacuum metrology that enables new films to be measured as they are being deposited, with angstrom-level precision.
- Inline metrology: Unique algorithms based on Applied eBeam metrology which can provide a 100-fold increase in measurement speed versus legacy approaches along with 50 percent higher resolution. Engineers can obtain over one million 3D wafer measurements per hour to make nanometer-scale assessments of how miniscule changes in recipes affect on-chip devices and structures.
- AppliedPROTM: Process Recipe Optimizer generates digital process maps that help accelerate materials and recipe development, reduce variability and widen process windows. AppliedPRO can be used to optimize individual chambers and tools as well as accelerate matching across a fleet of systems.
- Digital twins: The AIx platform includes digital twin models of select
Applied Materialschambers and systems that enable virtual experiments which accelerate recipe development, improve matching and ramp transfer, and optimize output and yield in high-volume production.
- Computing: The AIx platform includes the computing resources needed to store and analyze massive data using machine learning and AI algorithms.
About Applied Materials
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/3b8f218b-050a-461c-823b-3c8eb75b1975
Applied Materials AI(x) Platform
The Applied AI(x) platform enables engineers to see into semiconductor processes in real-time, take millions of measurements across wafers and individual chips, and optimize thousands of process variables to accelerate the discovery, development and commercial deployment of new chip technologies.
Source: Applied Materials, Inc.